^ Meeting Charlie for the first time! ^
Sorry for going cray on the Jack pictures here… I couldn’t help myself! Yesterday was my baby boy’s birthday and I went hog-wild on looking up old pics of him, and then of course felt the need to share ALL of them, haha!
There are no words for how much I love this little human. I get weepy thinking about it… right here as I write this. I secretly kind of hate that he’s five. FIVE, ugh. Like how did that even happen? Makes me want to soak up every freaking moment. Like how long will I be the center of his universe? How long will he sneak into our room in the middle of the night and ALWAYS come to MY side of the bed cuz he wants to snuggle with MAMA? And I know I should send him back to his bed and try to nip that habit in the bud, but I don’t because I secretly love it? When will he stop taking 20 minutes to put to bed because he asks for ‘one more snuggle’ 35 times? When will he stop letting me absolutely smother him with kisses all over his smooshy 5-year old cheeks? When will he stop having smooshy cheeks?!
I can’t with any of it. The thing they don’t warn you about when you have kids is how vulnerable they will make you feel. You LOVE them in a way that leaves you completely exposed. Nothing has made me feel more vulnerable than how much I love them.
Here’s a little 5-year old Jack Update:
- He starts kindergarten in September! (and mama is of course losing her wits over that)
- Until then, he is doing half-day preschool at a local place that we really really love. I am told from the Director and his teacher that he is Mr. Congeniality over there… a total Social Sam. Doesn’t surprise me!
- He did soccer last fall and was actually really good at it! Well, as good as a 4-year old playing with a bunch of other 4-year olds can be. 🙂 We are looking for new sports for him to try this summer and fall.
- Jack’s current obsessions: cars (obvi), building things with his magnatiles and legos, anything from the Incredibles movies, the books Amelia Bedelia Goes to Camp, Danny the Dinosaur, and Whacky Wednesday. 🙂
- He is the BEST big brother to his little sissies. He loves them fiercely and they love him back even more. It’s the most tender thing in the world. I’m basically a big sob-face 99% of life, it’s fine.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my first-born. Your mama has no words for how much she loves you.